Monday, March 16, 2009

"Happy ba-boh to me"

Maggie's birthday weekend was a blast even though it rained and rained. We headed to Chick-fil-a (or "moo" as Maggie likes to call it) for lunch on Saturday with a few buddies. We took over the back section and put six tables together so we could par-tay toddler style. We didn't get a chance to play on the outdoor playground due to the rain, but we had fun dining on some fine chicken cuisine nonetheless.

Here is Maggie playing the gracious hostess and greeting her first guest, Caleigh, with a hug.
I was going to make a "snow-mine" cake for Maggie seeing as how she loves to eat snowman shaped pancakes, but at the last minute she decided Elmo would be better. And, she was right. We sort of had an Elmo theme going with the hats and the Elmo juice boxes. So, an Elmo cookie cake was the only way to go really.
Here is one of our VIP guests. He makes that Elmo hat look mighty good...don't you think?
We made ourselves right at home. Taking over Chick-fil-a wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I think we have two parties going on in this pic.
This is one of my favorite pictures. I love how close Tyler is as he videotapes his birthday girl in action. What a sweet Daddy.
Grandma and Poppa came up on Saturday and stayed the night with us. Maggie was so glad to have them here for the big event. Here she is giving Poppa a very very long hug. She loves this man, and I must admit I do too.
Sunday was Maggie's actual birthday, so we started it off with some birthday monkey bread and cantaloupe before church.
After church Maggie enjoyed opening even more presents! Ahhh...it's good to be two.
And, finally here she is enjoying her new princess tent. The past hours, since March 15th, have been spent going in and out of this little pink hide away.

We are so thankful for our sweet little two year old. I can't believe how big she is getting. We are so blessed by her and are so thankful that the Lord has entrusted us with His sweet little lamb. Our prayer, almost nightly, is that the Lord would give us wisdom in guiding her through this life and most importantly towards Him. As happy as she was on her birthday, and in celebrating with friends, I know that true happiness is only found in a real relationship with Jesus Christ. So, I pray that she will find just that as she continues to grow year after year.

No comments: