Monday, March 9, 2009

distance makes the heart grow fonder...

Sorry for the slacking on my blogging lately. It's been pretty crazy around here, Tyler was gone to Peru on the RUF missions trip all last week and I was home with two kiddos. Life was just a little wild without my better half. But, we managed to make it through in one piece, Tyler and his missions team, and me and my munchkin crew. Tyler left on February 28th and that just so happened to be one of the busiest days (two parents or one) of the month. We had a birthday party in the morning and I co-hosted a baby shower in the afternoon. Okay the fact that their was only one of me did make that day the busiest. We also headed to Columbia towards the end of the week for some time with Grandma Dot, Grandma, Poppa, Aunt Christine, Uncle John and cousin Brody. I didn't have my camera so if my sister sends me any pics (or if she posts some on her blog that I can steal) I will post them. We played a whole lot of tea party and even ventured to EdVenture during our time there. We packed in a bunch in an effort to distract us from missing our daddy (it didn't work bc we still missed him a whole lot). However we survived and we thank the Lord for His graciousness to our family throughout the week, both here in the States and in Peru.
One of the most creative things I have done in my life (that I didn't even come up with on my own...so I guess not so creative but rather the most crafty). A cake for the baby shower.
My munchkin crew...Maggie actually wanted to hold Henry. She loves her little brother but for some reason is not big on holding him.
I had to take a picture of this...can you guess what she's doing? The wee baby doll is suckling from Maggie's belly button of course. How else do you think baby's eat?

Some of the missions team in Peru. Twelve members total.

At one of the work sites. Those huts in the background are actual homes typical for a family of around five. Can you imagine? I thought we had a small place. Check out www.jwu.ruf.org/ for more pics. God is really at work on this campus and this missions trip is just one indicator of how He is softening hearts and revealing Himself in ways that many of our students have never experienced. Thank you to all of you out there who supported the team. God is good and moving at JWU.
My studdly surfer dude ridin' the waves of the Pacific Ocean. They spent one afternoon at the beach and one day in Lima before they headed back to the US.

And of course what trip isn't complete without some coming home presents. A couple days shy of our third winter storm in Charlotte Maggie and Henry received these fabulous snow hats. Too bad on saturday it was 80. Maybe we'll get a few more cold days this year so the gang can flaunt their fabulous head gear, but they will for sure next winter.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Pato partakes of the same "belly button milk" as Maggie's friend. The other day she had on a onesie and she about had a fit that should couldn't feed Pato properly.

Tyler said...

Pato! That is hilarious! These children are nuts!!