Monday, January 26, 2009

Nature Day

Saturday was originally going to be a very lonely day for the Dirk's family because Daddy Dirks was going to be at Presbytery all day (and was). But, thanks to a little last minute planning with the ladies of the Kulp house and Dyer clan we were able to execute a fun-filled afternoon at the Nature Museum.
This is the butterfly pavilion. The butterflies were very active because they had just been fed. They were all aflutter (is that one word?). You can see one if you look closely at this picture, it is on the pink blossom that Maggie is staring at.
Here is the whole group minus the mommies and Henry. And, they are actually sitting and looking at the camera.
Inside these little holes are turtles and in the glass behind the rock is a snake and a mink (not in the same cage however).
Maggie and Bennett enjoyed the play area in their smocks. You can see that Bennetts is really protecting her clothes from getting wet.
And, yet another area to play. We had a really fun time and we were even able to enjoy lunch outside at the picnic tables because the weather was so nice.
Drum roll please....ta da here is Maggie's Easter dress. Yes yes I know Easter is still a ways off, but I took on this sewing project and wasn't sure how long it would take me to make a dress so I started early. I have never sewn a whole dress before and so I am pretty excited about this little number. More pics to come this Easter... stay tuned.
And, whats a posting without pictures of the man in charge while Tyler's out. Here he is checking out his gamecock mobile.
And, here he is enjoying his swing.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Carrie- the dress is ADORABLE!!! You did such a great job. I can't wait to see them both in their matching set.

Melissa said...

And, oh yeah-- where is this nature museum? Charlotte? Free????

Abe, Melodee, and Julia said...

Love the pics. Looks like you had fun at the nature museum. Wish I could see it on her in person. Can't wait to see what Henry's outfit looks like.

Misti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Misti said...

Maggie's dress is adorable. Poor Henry, I used to think he had taste!

Christine said...

the dress is fabulous!! I love it. Great job, sis.

Anonymous said...

The dress is manifique!!! When will yours be done??

Anonymous said...

'scuse me re: the Henry comment - surely that wasn't in reference to the makeover!!! ;)

carrie dirks said...

I know misti and she was referring to the gamecock mobile...she's a clemson gal.