Saturday evening RUF/JWU hosted an awesome fundraiser banquet for their Peru missions trip in february. The students used there culinary and hospitality skills to execute a deliciously delightful evening. There was a silent auction with all kinds of great things to bid on like art work, signed paraphenalia, dinner coupons and other exciting goodies (all donated by the good citizens of Charlotte). I was very impressed that these college students could plan, coordinate and execute such a fine night all in order to raise money for a trip that they will take to honor the Lord in Peru. I can see the Lord already at work shaping their hearts to serve these people. Their enthusiasm is contagious and I am so happy to see God at work on this campus. To see pictures of the night go to www.jwu.ruf.org.
"Know therefore today, and lay it to your heart, that the Lord is God in heaven above and on the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39
Monday, January 19, 2009
a JWU weekend!
Saturday evening RUF/JWU hosted an awesome fundraiser banquet for their Peru missions trip in february. The students used there culinary and hospitality skills to execute a deliciously delightful evening. There was a silent auction with all kinds of great things to bid on like art work, signed paraphenalia, dinner coupons and other exciting goodies (all donated by the good citizens of Charlotte). I was very impressed that these college students could plan, coordinate and execute such a fine night all in order to raise money for a trip that they will take to honor the Lord in Peru. I can see the Lord already at work shaping their hearts to serve these people. Their enthusiasm is contagious and I am so happy to see God at work on this campus. To see pictures of the night go to www.jwu.ruf.org.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment