"Know therefore today, and lay it to your heart, that the Lord is God in heaven above and on the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39
Sunday, March 6, 2011
pics to come...
I don't have any pictures to post right now, but I thought that shouldn't stop me from blogging about the latest in the Dirks household. Lately we have been busy busy busy. Tyler and the RUF students were on a mission's trip last week to Mississippi, so me and the kiddos tried to stay plenty busy to keep from missing daddy too much. It was working until Thursday afternoon when Henry and I were heading out of the gap outlet store in Concord and out of the blue Henry says "I want my Daddy." He's such a sweet little fella and adores his Daddy. He was being so brave all week long, but sort of broke down towards the end of our Daddy -less week. Tyler is back now and the wrestling matches have restarted and the tickling has been in high demand...not that I don't try and do these things with my kids when their dad is gone, but I just can't do it the same. In other news, we have an almost four year old in the house. She continues to love anything Princess, but thanks to her brother has been adding a few "warrior" type beauties to her collection of make believe characters. Henry is all about cars, Thomas and veggie tales (thanks to cousin Brody for that last obsession). He is switching slowly from the baby of the family to the big brother of the family. He is saying good bye to his pacifier(s) and we hope to have him potty trained at some point soon. All tips for boy training are indeed welcome. Baby #3 is kicking and growing and we can't wait to meet them. Coming up with a third baby name is proving to be a challenge, so any name suggestions are also welcome. As for this Mama I am loving being just that. I have the best family in the world and wouldn't change a thing about it, I am so thankful for the Lords many rich blessings on us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Emily Katherine. Best name ever. Duh. Oh, and i'm voting girl.
Post a Comment