"Know therefore today, and lay it to your heart, that the Lord is God in heaven above and on the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39
Friday, March 11, 2011
A funny story worth sharing...
Yesterday Maggie had a friend come over to play after pre-school. After playing for a little while upstairs they decided to come down for a snack and then to do a craft at the table. As they were starting their project, our visiting friend turns to Maggie and says to her "do you want to know what a hot lover is?" Directly behind them at the kitchen sink I was frozen in my task as I decided whether to interject or not to this pre-school conversation. Maggie was eager to find out just exactly what a "hot lover" was and so before I could say anything, or decide what to say, the little girl says to Maggie, "it's the stuff that comes out of a volcano." That's right hot lover was indeed hot lava. So, the little girl went on to sing, "hot lover, hot lover, hot lover" in a sing-songy voice. After a little inner chuckle to myself and a big sigh of relief I decided to chime in and correct her science lesson with my daughter. I told her the correct term was "hot lava" and then inwardly thanked the Lord that it was to be a science lesson and not a sex ed. one, hopefully that one won't come for a very very long time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
definitely worth sharing! soooooo funny!
HAAAAAAA!
that's hilarious :) Jake has been talking about lava lately too - must be something they learn about when they turn 4 :)
that is so funny! We've had a few of those lately too.
Post a Comment