Sunday, August 23, 2009

cute story

Today we drove to Mount Ulla for church so that Tyler could preach for a pastor that was out of town. After church we decided to hit McDonalds for a quick lunch before heading back to Charlotte for naps. Maggie is a big fan of Mickey D's and after we announced that we would be going there for lunch our conversation went a little like this...
Tyler: Would you like to go to McDonalds for lunch?
Maggie: Yes! (said with much enthusiasm)
Tyler: Ok well we're going to go.
Maggie: Daddy you a bum.
Tyler: umm what?
-Pause-
Carrie: Maggie did you say Daddy is a bum?
Maggie: no...a bum
Carrie: (I have a light bulb moment bc we used a similar phrase yesterday) Ohh....do you mean Daddy is the bomb?
Maggie: yes!!! Daddy you a bum.

5 comments:

The Westmorelands said...

oh, how i love a good two year old story!! soooo funny. thanks for sharing :).

Lindsey said...

Very cute indeed! By the way Lucy has been having some flash back stories of Maggie lately. Tonight we were having dinner with our team and she said (to a complete stranger) "I was born in Charlotte at Maggie's house". I think she is a little confused?!

Anonymous said...

Maggie . . . you funny!

Abe, Melodee, and Julia said...

I love Maggie stories! :)

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious... she's so cute!