Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas christmas and more christmas

I have so many pictures to post! We had a wonderful Christmas starting with our own little family celebration the friday before Christmas.
Who would dare put these little angels on the naughty list? Note Maggie's new haircut, I did it myself. Not sure what I was thinking maybe that the last time we took her to have her haircut by someone who knew what they were doing she cried like she was being hauled off to prison. So, I set her in front of an elmo dvd and chopped it off. It turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself. But, let's face it that little girl can make a buzz cut look good.

Opening presents by the tree...Henry got a little help opening his gifts from his big sister.
A quick piggy back intermission.
On saturday it was on to Columbia for Sam Purnell's wedding. The weather was so nice Henry wore shorts. It gave him a chance to show off his cute little leggies...okay me a chance.
The week leading up to Christmas was spent enjoying lots of quality time with family and friends and also taking fun little outings with the four of us while Grandma and Poppa worked. One night Grandma and Poppa took us to the zoo lights. This was a second visit for the kids and me, we lucked out and no goat stole any glove this time.
We went to the mall for a little last minute shopping and even took a ride on the merry go round one day.
Christmas day was so relaxing we woke up ate breakfast casserole and yummy kringle (thanks
Dirks)! And then iced Jesus birthday cake and Maggie put the candles on it. She arranged them quite fabulously. We sang happy birthday and ate it for dinner but it was a great way to start the morning because it tangibly turned our hearts toward the true meaning of Christmas, Christ's birth!
Santa found Maggie in Columbia and brought her this little "big wheels" (oh the irony). So, we played outside until the Tylers and Zaepfels showed up to open gifts.
Santa didn't forget about these two good little boys. This year he stuffed their stockings full of man gear including knives, headlamps, transformers and other manly things.
Maggie's Christmas included all things Elmo just come and visit our home now and you will see he has taken over, which suits Maggie just fine.
Henry received this fancy new cap.
The rest of our stay consisted of some hard core playing. They couldn't even take a break to say cheese to the camera so intense was their mission.
"I love Christmas and you too Brody."
"Thanks for all the gifts Poppa..."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can I not comment? What adorable covenant children! Thanks for sharing!

carrie dirks said...

THanks Jane...this wouldn't be Jane Simmons would it?

Melissa said...

I just said to Jake, "Oh my- that Brody is adorable!" Your Zaepfels produce some cuties.
Sam might never leave your house once he sees all things Elmo. We will have to come over soon :-)

HumbuckerChapell said...

So, I want a cutie just as cute as Maggie! She is such an adorable combination of you two!