Monday, December 15, 2008

The goose is getting fat

Christmas is right around the corner and we have been enjoying this festive month thoroughly. Tyler was in Dallas last week for RUF training (which was not so fun for me) so me and the kiddies headed to Chapin (Grandma and Poppa town) for the week. My folks worked most of the day but we got to spend some quality time early in the morning together and then again right before bed. So, during the day we kept ourselves entertained in a variety of different ways including but not limited to baking, swinging, playing with dogs, chuck e. cheeses the zoo and visiting with the locals.

Maggie and I made some holiday treats. A simple recipe really all it is is rolos and pretzels melted together. Maggie put the chocolates on all of the pretzels and then I put them in the oven to bake. She did a great job arranging them precisely in the middle of each pretzel, an obsessive compulsive tribute to her father I suppose.
One evening we headed to lights at the zoo and found this fun pint size train to ride on. I promise Maggie was more excited about this than me contrary to what the picture might look like. We were the only ones riding and chose the caboose to seat our own cabooses....or is it cabeese?
Okay so here's a funny story. While we were at the lights at the zoo we headed to the petting area and found these fun goats. You can't see it in this picture but Maggie was wearing some mittens because it was so cold. Well, what do you know but this ole goat tried to snatch one of them up for his after dinner snack. He almost got away with it too, but thankfully we had Grandma with us to rescue the little lost mitten.
There's the mitten inside the cage with the hungry goat.
And, there is farmer Grandma with a trusty old rake given to us by another zoo patriot, hence rescuing the mitten. I don't know why but I found the whole scene hilarious.
Henry was with us this whole time but usually snuggled up in some blankets somewhere. But, here he is....and he is as cute as a button. Maybe it's because I am his mom, but I think he just might be the cutest little guy in the whole world. And, he's so smiley...I could eat him up!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I feel like I have a million comments, so get ready:
1- Henry really IS getting cuter and cuter- it's a fact.
2- Those Rolo/pretzel things look amazing... makes me hngry
3- We used to have a goat when I was little and she ate EVERYTHING: my hair ribbons, my braids, my strawberry plant, MY BROTHER. I'm glad you rescued the mitten.

Great posting!

Anonymous said...

The memories make me laugh all over again!! It was a really fun few days - have you recovered yet Carrie?? ;)