Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Weekend Update

Here are a couple of pictures to show you all the excitement last weekend held for the Dirk's crew. Friday morning we had some hang out time with our friend Ms. Jessica and then after lunch I met up with some of my girl friends and we headed to the Uptown Church Women's Retreat in Montreat NC. Henry joined me and crashed the "all girl" party. And, Tyler and Maggie had a really fun Daddy daughter weekend. They enjoyed one another's company and even headed to the Nature Museum on Saturday. They just happened to be doing fun Thanksgiving activities at the museum on that day. So when I got home Maggie had made me my very own hand traced turkey coloring. It was delightful (read with Andy Bernard inflection).
Maggie drawing Ms. Jessica her very own Maggie art piece.

This is my prayer triad and retreat carpool. I love these girls and I am so glad I got some sweet girlfriend time with them this weekend.
These are a couple of ladies in my small group at the retreat (a few had already left bc I didn't use my camera until the end). I enjoyed them so much and God taught me so many things through these gals during our small group discussions.
When I got home on sunday Maggie didn't even say hello to me or I really missed you mom...nope nothing like that. She walked right up to me and said "Nee-Nee" she wanted to see Henry. She missed him so much and wanted to hold him right away. So sweet. I believe I might have gotten a kiss at some point, but much much later (sigh).
Since we've been home Maggie has really turned it up a notch. Henry is never alone during his "activity time." Here you can see Maggie has placed a few of her stuffed dolls around Henry on his mat, just to keep him company I suppose.
Tummy time the same thing happens. Notice all the dolls are face down too. These pictures were not staged at all by us parents, Maggie really did this all by herself. It is really funny to watch her play change since having a baby brother around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe how big Henry is!!! Can't wait to see you guys next week!