"Know therefore today, and lay it to your heart, that the Lord is God in heaven above and on the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39
Thursday, July 24, 2008
A visit to Greenville
While Tyler was out of town this week, Maggie and I decided to take a long overdue road trip to Greenville to visit our good friends the Lamberts. We even made a night of it, once we found a puppy sitter for Bella that is. And, we are so glad we did because we both had such a good time with our pals. Maggie loved playing with Adah and just adored baby Emmylu. I of course loved not just being with Janna and catching up with my dear friend, but also enjoyed having a few actual adult conversations after two days of around the clock toddler care. Thanks for having us Lamberts we had a great time!
Here are the girls in the kitchen acting silly.
And, this is the closest we got to an actual group shot.
We almost got a picture of both the girls looking at the camera here but then Maggie saw something she simply had to play with across the room. Side note, see the gingham armchair in the background, I'd wager to say that Maggie spent 50% of her time at the Lamberts reclining in this Maggie sized luxury.
Maggie felt a need to coach Emmylu through her tummy time exercises. I really felt encouraged seeing Maggie with Emmylu because she was genuinely in love with this little baby. Hopefully, she will be just as enthusiastic about her little brother.
Here the girls enjoy some fresh outdoor air.
This is not a shot from our trip, but I felt the need to post this picture because it is so cute. This was Maggie's first experience with corn on the cob. I usually take the corn off the cob and give it to her, but she really wanted to eat it all by herself and so I let her on this particular occassion. And, she did surprisingly well. She probably ate more corn on the cob than she has ever eaten with it picked off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment