"Know therefore today, and lay it to your heart, that the Lord is God in heaven above and on the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39
Monday, March 24, 2008
no pictures...so unlike me
Well, I was going to try and post a video of my little one year old's first steps... but alas youtube will have nothing to do with me. So, I shall try and paint a picture of the momentous occassion for you all with words (which is not my strong suit so bare with me). It all started last weekend (i guess now two weekends ago), which was Maggie's first birthday, March 15th to be exact. However, our family chose to celebrate it on the 16th so I (carrie) could head to Alabama for one of my bestest friends in the whole worlds wedding, which took place also on the 15th. I knew from the beginning that I absolutely couldn't miss Emily's wedding, but to be away from my little girl on her first birthday was really really difficult to think about let alone carry through. And, I figured (and many people agreed) that Maggie wouldn't even remember her first birthday so future therapy probably would not be an issue. So, with that in mind and a very important wedding to attend and bridesmaid duties to fulfill I headed to Birmingham Alabama. I had a great time with old college buddies and the wedding festivities were fabulous and the bride absolutely beautiful. (Here is where the first steps enter into our story) So I call home friday night to check in with the fam. Keep in mind I have been away less than 24 hours at this point. And what does Tyler report to me other than our little girl has taken her first steps without any assistance that very afternoon. That's right the same little girl that I help practice this same exercise every day with has decided that now, now that Mom is out of the house, now is the time to set her feet free. Of course I was/am thrilled that she walked, but I must admit, I was sad that I didn't get to see her first steps myself. (Remember I'm still on the phone and the stories not over) Tyler my wonderful husband then tells me not to worry he actually got the whole thing on tape! And, while I would have preferred to be there in person to see her first steps it is so great that I can actually see her first steps (and so can she someday) on tape. And, you can too someday if YouTube will ever show me some love. So, I come home sunday, we have a fabulous first birthday party with family and friends and Maggie did some major walking shows for us to enjoy that evening and all is well for this poor mothers soul. The moral to the story is this: If you want your child to accomplish any major feat, just leave even if it is their birthday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment