"Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings." - 1 Corinthians 9:19-23
Geesh....I had no idea ministry was going to be so hard. The Lord showed me this passage again yesterday and it has completely sobered me for this coming school year. To those of you faithful blog readers I am asking you to pray for our families ministry to the students of Johnson and Wales every time you read our blog. The gospel message is desperately needed there (and everywhere) and we need your prayerful support as we endeavor on this mission. Students are arriving on campus today and Tyler is already on the battlefield helping students move in to the dorms. Please pray for protection for him, and for the campus to be ignited with the gospel Truth! I am so excited about what the Lord is going to do there, but also a little scared because my flesh is weak, and I know the cost of the Truth that many have suffered.
4 comments:
Thr Rhodes fam welcomes you to RUF, and we are definitely praying for yall!
I just recently came across your blog! We will be praying for you guys!
carrie...i'm so excited y'all are doing ruf! are you on the wives listserve yet? -meredith :)
no actually I'm not yet meredith.
Post a Comment