Thursday, July 8, 2010

4th of July

As it turns out they do have the 4th of July in Germany, the only thing is they don't celebrate America. I know weird right? So, a few of us American folk got together and invited a few Berliners to join us and headed to the park for the afternoon to celebrate the USA.
Maggie says a prayer for America while holding a sparkler...talented eh? (FYI she's not really praying just in case you thought she was truly that spiritual)
It's nearly impossible to find America flags here but a friend of ours made these little American flags on her computer and stuck them on top of all muffins she brought to the picnic. And here's the kicker she's German, isn't that awesome?
This was a playground we had never been to before and it was pretty sketchy looking complete with this incredibly steep slide. This is Henry riding it on a piece of cardboard, the little guy flew down and we thought he was going to be scarred for life, but as soon as he got to the bottom he shot up and ran back towards the top of the slide to go again with a huge grin on his face. Here he is taking it easy in the sand.

Maggie shows her patriotism.
Since I couldn't find any flags I made a cake flag with yummy blueberries and strawberries..

Finally here is a picture of my kiddos decked out in there American garb courtesy of Grandma Z. Thanks for the outfits...can you tell I got in front of the TV to take this pic?

3 comments:

Christine said...

nicely done, but I still think you probably need a refresher on being American since you've been there so long and should come home soon and visit.

Abe, Melodee, and Julia said...

Way to go Henry! I remember going down a slide with a piece of cardboard or something when I was little!

Emily said...

holy cow!! how did henry get so old?! you have some explaining to do. Ps - MISS YALL!!