
We've arrived and we have been adjusting and enjoying our new Summer home all at once, quite the multi-taskers. Here is a peak into our life for the Summer. ( Where we are staying and what nots. ) I keep having these moments like "I can't believe ____." For example today we visited a memorial site with remnants from the Berlin Wall, and the monument sits on what used to be called No mans land, (the space in between East and West Berlin), and my kids took off running and playing with the Elmerick's kids and I thought, "Wow...my kids are playing in what used to be such a dangerous place, and there they go completely safe." It was a little strange like we shouldn't be there or at least not running around and having fun. Then other times like at dinner we were enjoying some Beer and Bratwursts and it felt surreal and oh so "German." The above picture shows the space in between the walls (no man's land) that the kids played in today.

The fam in front of a portion of the wall that still remains on exhibit.

The playground that sits right across the street from our apartment.

Our apartment building for the next few months.

These are a bit out of order, but here are Tyler and the kids with all our belongings for the next few months. Maggie and Henry are still in their pj's from our night flight. I'll continue to keep you posted as I can, and I look forward to hearing about your Summer fun as well.
3 comments:
carrie - you look so fabulously german! i am so thankful that you got there ok and the kids slept despite the missed connection... you apartment looks awesome and i love how close it is to everything - i was planning our week and i am already bummed y'all aren't here to hang out - miss you already! bis bald!
Ahhhh!!! So impressed that you're blogging already. This side of the ocean already FEELS better now that yall are on it.
Love that your park is so close.
And good luck at the grocery store. When we were in Germany I found that if you say German words OUT LOUD they sound a lot like English words, and you can figure out a lot of stuff.
Just take your time... and cook some schnitzel. Or pretzels. Or something.
Oh yeah-- and you DO look fabulous. LD is right.
Post a Comment