Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sweet Henry

Okay so now that my (Carrie) world is settling down a bit allow me to tell the story of little Henry's arrival. In the wee morning of October 7th I thought something felt a little different and as it turns out I was in the early stages of labor. I was induced with Maggie so I wasn't real sure if my labor was real or false. Since I had changed my OB appointment to the 8th (I was sure he wasn't coming on his due date) I headed to Bible study instead of to the doctors that fateful day. After Bible study Maggie and I headed over to the Hunts house for some lunch and I still wasn't sure if I was actually in labor. We tried to count between contractions but they were pretty irregular and seemed to flare up when I moved which to me sort of sounded like false labor. So, even though Melissa offered to take Maggie so I could sort through things, I refused (sure I wasn't really in labor on my due date) and headed home for Maggie's nap. After Maggie's nap the "contractions" got a little more intense...okay a lot more intense, and of course I was still in denial. However, I did manage to put the delivery plan into action and called Grandma, doctor, husband, Hunts in that order. (note: Tyler was in the loop the entire day and hence above order should not discount his importance in our plan of action). By the time Jake arrived I was barely able to move between contractions AND at this point I am convinced that I am actually in labor. Tyler showed up shortly thereafter and we headed to the hospital. Timing the contractions all the while, which were 3...2...1 minute apart as we got closer. When we finally got there I was 9cm and ready for action. The only thing keeping me from having Henry taxi style was the fact that my water hadn't broken. So, needless to say Henry was born a very short while after we arrived at the hospital. What a way to make an entrance. So this is what we know about our little guy so far. First, he likes to be on time to important events (i.e. being born right on his due date). Secondly, he is absolutely adorable and quite possibly the sweetest little baby boy on the planet. Thirdly, it is impossible not to fall head over heels in love with this little man when you meet him. And of course we know without a doubt that he is a precious precious gift from the Lord to us. We are so thankful for his safe arrival into this world and into our family. The Lord has been so good to our family and has blessed us with a healthy beautiful little boy. I was a little unsure at first if I could love Maggie's brother the way I loved/love her, but it is incredible how your love doesn't divide it multiplies! It helps me to understand just a little bit more of how our Father can love all of His children individually and perfectly.

6 comments:

Jake said...

What a great little face!! That's Tyler's beak right there for sure.

Mary said...

oh look at that little face! it sort of reminds me of the purdy boys' furrowed brows at birth- can't wait to see more henry!

Abe, Melodee, and Julia said...

Henry you are so adorable, you get cuter every time I see you!

love you and can't wait to see you.

Aunt Melodee

Wray's said...

congratulations guys!! what a precious sweet baby boy! praise the Lord!
amy

Craver said...

He is so beautiful. I cannot believe you are still keeping up w/ your blog, you are amazing.

Kristen said...

Congrats Carrie! What a joy to hear about his birth - what a crazy story! Hugs and prayers from Richmond!

(I agree with Mary about the Purdy boy furrowed brow!)