Thursday, February 7, 2008

up to speed

So, a lot has happened since my last post. There have been two birthdays, one bridal shower and a very fun package recieved in the past week or two. I am posting a lot of pictures and I will do by best to explain them. Enjoy.
Daddy celebrated a birthday! Maggie was a big help in opening gifts. We had a nice quiet evening together as a family.
I made an amazing cake...it read "happy birthday daddy" not "happy birthday david" as the birthday boy originally thought. But, I am sure there is a David out there too celebrating a birthday right now, and to you we wish a very happy birthday as well.
This is my cousin Stewart and his wife Katie, they had the great honor of babysitting Maggie while we went out to celebrate Tyler's birthday grown-up style. They did a tremendous job and Maggie was heartbroken the next morning when she woke up and they were gone.
Tyler jointly celebrated the big day with my Grandma who's b-day is jan. 26th (tyler's is the 28th) and we went to a fabulous German resteraunt that honored the pair with a green cake and dessert wine. Here is a picture of the two toasting to another tremendous birthday. And, no we don't know those peeps at the end of the table, but we assume that in Germany the custom is to bring in the new birthday year with a stranger or two. Good luck perhaps.
While we were in Columbia we had the pleasure of meeting my good buddy Emily's fiance', Justin. We give him a hardy stamp of approval and love the fact that they both have red hair. Can we say "cute babies." We also threw them a bridal shower at my parent's home. It was a lot of fun!
Yesterday Maggie received a Valentine's package from her grandparents in Kansas. As you can see she is quite taken with these mysterious goodies. Thanks Grams and Dog!
And, finally here she is today sporting her new outfit. What a fashion queen!

3 comments:

Lucy said...

Maggie I miss you already. You look cute in that Valentine's outfit- you should get all the hot guys with that one.

Anonymous said...

I agree, Maggie I miss you already too!!

Anonymous said...

Maggie, don't listen to the hot guys part though - tee hee!