Wednesday, May 23, 2007

to sleep or not to sleep...


In the past two weeks Maggie has flip flopped back and forth between sleeping 6-7 1/2 hours at night, and waking every 3-4 hours at night. I get so excited when Maggie sleeps through the night and then bam a couple nights later we are back to square one. Maybe some of you veteran moms can help me out here, what's the secret? I 've tried doing the groundhog day thing, where we try and relive the exact same day as before, only to fail miserably. It is a beautiful thing when she sleeps however, the whole family profits. For example, last night Maggie slept from 10:30pm until 6:15am it was wonderful. I felt so good this morning that Maggie and I cooked up some breakfast in bed for the soon to be RTS graduate in our house (strawberry pancakes...refer to the previous post by Tyler). It's funny how sleep can make such a big difference. But, I must say I don't mind that much if Maggie summons me in the night, she is really cute and sometimes she smiles at me when I lay her back in her crib after a midnight snack (or rather 3am). But, sleep is very good too. Praise the Lord either way for the blessings in our home!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Way to go Mags! Keep sleeping hard for your mom and dad.